Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carry iPhone in back pocket?

I see a lot of adds showing people putting their iPhone in the back pocket of their jeans, and some of the discussions here tell of guys keeping the phone in their back pocket.

While I'd like to do this it doesn't seem like a great idea. Any thoughts?

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 6:46 PM

Your wallet is probably fatter than the iPad and not as slick.

I've never done so either but I've seen lots of posts here about iPhones/iPods going into toilets (this can also occur carrying it in the shirt pocket) and I've talked to plumbers about recovering cell phones that were in back pockets. Just because you've never dropped something doesn't mean no one else has.

If you like carrying your iPhone in your back pocket go for it.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2012 6:46 PM in response to VivaTerlingua

Your wallet is probably fatter than the iPad and not as slick.

I've never done so either but I've seen lots of posts here about iPhones/iPods going into toilets (this can also occur carrying it in the shirt pocket) and I've talked to plumbers about recovering cell phones that were in back pockets. Just because you've never dropped something doesn't mean no one else has.

If you like carrying your iPhone in your back pocket go for it.

May 27, 2017 12:48 PM in response to ziggy925

Understanding I will offend several if not all … got to respond.

As I read through this I see

- Your an idiot if you carrier your phone in the front pocket

- Your an idiot if you carrier your phone in the back pocket

Well here is the deal … I am an old soldier … and prior to that raised by a man, his dad was a man, and my mother's father was a man!

Not sure where you carrier your phone, put it, other than a pants pocket!

Sure you can have a jacket and your covered, but let's pretend men were still men, so you are working in the heat (Need both hands and no jacket) and you are going to need your phone for the tool it is … where do you put it?

Your on a date or with your wife at the beach, where you put your phone? Man purse? Or do you not need your hands when you are seeing the sunset with the one you love?

Put the **** phone in your pocket … it is a tool, doesn't need to be pampered, doesn't need a case … if you can't afford to replace something or insure it (Apple care) you should have never brought it! … again a tool, not a necessity for life!

If you have man purse, or are a metrosexual, or still live/depend on your mama I apologize… and to you I know I am an idiot!

Jul 24, 2011 10:47 AM in response to ziggy925

Lots of advertisements showing this?

Advertisements by which companies?

I'm a regular participant here and I don't recall seeing many or any posts here telling of someone keeping the iPhone in their back pocket or recommending this. Even if some idiot here recommends this, you need to use some common sense as you have obviously since it doesn't seem like a good idea to you, and you are right.

Sit down in the wrong way with the iPhone in a rear or front pocket and it could cause some damage, or bumping into something hard while it is in your rear of front pocket.

I've placed my iPhone in a front pocket briefly on occasion but is not something I would recommend doing.

Carry iPhone in back pocket?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.