Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to navigate (choose and launch apps) Launchpad using the keyboard?

How can I select apps in Launchpad using only the keyboard? Adding another app launcher seems like a waste if I can't efficiently use it with the keyboard. This is not an improvement/replacement for app launchers like Quicksilver, Alfred, Chuck unless keyboard navigation is supported.

Mac OS X (10.7), launchpad

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 11:33 AM

8 replies

Jul 25, 2011 6:36 AM in response to tronathan

i mean you don't need app launchers you don't need download and use them just click the app you want launch and use it and if is a apple app better or if is from the app store fine because apple check them others that you trying may no from app store.May in the future that change but for now is how it its...Hope you understand that,you can use Xcode and do your own app and submit it to app store if people like your idea then apple like ...

Anyway..

Nov 17, 2011 6:00 PM in response to tronathan

Best option I found is to drag the applications folder to the dock, when clicked it almost works like launchpad, except you can start typing the name of the app to highlight it, enter to open. Also arrow keys actually do something, unlike in launchpad.

Also disappointed in the launchpad feature. The simple addition of keyboard navigation would make it much more useful. After all, there is a key on the keyboard just to open it, but after that, you can only switch screens.

How to navigate (choose and launch apps) Launchpad using the keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.