Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two-finger scrolling doesn't work

I upgraded my recently purchased MakBook Pro (13") to Lion today and then I migrated my complete data (incuding user preferences) from a copy of my iMac which used to run the latest version of Leopard (not Snow Leopard -- this is a 20" iMac purchased about 3 years ago). After the migration the two-finger scrolling (which I quite enjoyed before the migration) stopped working.

I have checked that System Preferences > General and System Preference > TrackPad options are all checked to have the scrolling work. All the other gestures work except the two-finger scrolling. Scrolling works in other (non-migrated) accounts on the MacBook Pro.

Any ideas why this is happening and what is the remedy?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 11:54 AM

11 replies

two-finger scrolling doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.