Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NTFS USB drive won't mount

I recently upgraded to 10.7. Now I am faced with this NTFS-3G error every reboot:

User uploaded file

Can someone please help? I tried the uninstalled from NTFS-3G and its caught in a loop and does nothing.

THank you!

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 12:07 PM

2 replies

Jul 25, 2011 7:50 PM in response to rayray519

Try downloading the most recent NTFS-3G. I haven't done much testing with NTFS-3G on Lion as I use Tuxera NTFS. NTFS-3G is the free version supported by Tuxera, I believe, so they may have an updated installer.

The 2011.4.1 version of Tuxera does work with Lion so if the reinstall of NTFS-3G doesn't work, then you may want to try installing the trial of Tuxera NTFS, then uninstall Tuxera, just to get rid of the error message. (Of course, you could also buy Tuxera NTFS. 🙂 I use Tuxera NTFS because I got issues when copying very large files to the NTFS partition. Over 25GB. Tuxera is more reliable in that regard.)

NTFS USB drive won't mount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.