Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update Server not giving all updates

Hello,

I am running my local Mini as a Software Update Server with 10.6.8 Server on it. I have the server and DNS set up correctly and I have pointed my clients to it by "defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.SoftwareUpdate CatalogURL http://su.server.com:8088/index-leopard-snowleopard etc....." on my 10.6 clients. However, Safari 5.1 doesn't show as an available update on the clients. Even though they are running an older Safari.

What could cause this "selective" availability of updates?

Thanks for your help!

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Server

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 7:31 AM

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but is this update definitely present AND ACTIVE in the list at Server Admin -> Software Update -> Updates?

In the settings tab, the default option is for "Automatically enable copied updates" to be ticked. If this is not ticked, new updates need to be manually activated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2011 7:31 AM in response to Motoxxbiker

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious, but is this update definitely present AND ACTIVE in the list at Server Admin -> Software Update -> Updates?

In the settings tab, the default option is for "Automatically enable copied updates" to be ticked. If this is not ticked, new updates need to be manually activated.

Software Update Server not giving all updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.