Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop Invalid Apple ID

I am trying to use AirDrop between two of my Macs over wifi. I can see the other Mac clear as day, but when I drop the file onto the user circle I get the error, "The Apple ID certificate for "DLR2" is invalid. The transfer has been canceled."

Any suggestion? Thank you.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 3:27 PM

41 replies

Oct 19, 2011 10:36 AM in response to psr24

Nope it doesn't!

Multiple people have reported that it completely depends on whether Apple Gods become happy with that step. Sometimes its a combination of steps (i.e. delete and re-create the Apple-ids, reboot bot machines, re-start finders, etc.). By far the most consistent way to get it to work is to reboot both machines which may allow you to do ONE transfer (the next transfer fails).

BTW, just so you guys know, there are apparently multiple active threads regarding this issue. Tells me that there is a deeper problem (very un-characteristics of Apple since most of the time whatever they release, it just works)

AirDrop Invalid Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.