Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I put iPhone video on DVD?

I have a 45 minute video on my iPhone. I have copied it to my Mac as a MOV file but I can't figure out how to write it to DVD. Also, I do NOT want any diminishment in quality, so that's an important element. Oddly, I can find very little here or on the Web about writing iPhone video to DVD. WHy is that?

Thanks--

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 3:34 PM

The quickest wayto burn your movie to a DVD would be via iDVD. Simply create a new project and add your movie file to it. If you want to do any editing to your movie it might be best to import it to iMovie first in which you can then edit and export it to iDVD where you can burn it to a DVD, of course you need iLife installed on your mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2011 3:34 PM in response to Pier Rodelon

The quickest wayto burn your movie to a DVD would be via iDVD. Simply create a new project and add your movie file to it. If you want to do any editing to your movie it might be best to import it to iMovie first in which you can then edit and export it to iDVD where you can burn it to a DVD, of course you need iLife installed on your mac.

Aug 3, 2011 7:30 PM in response to Pier Rodelon

If you don't need the video to playback on a DVD player the quick and dirty method would be to stick a blank DVD-R into your optical drive. Hold down the Option key and Drag the .mov file onto that disk and then click on the Burn button that shows up in the window for the DVD disk. Otherwise you will need to author a real DVD disk using iDVD or Roxio Toast.

Jan 20, 2013 9:44 PM in response to Pier Rodelon

iDVD accepts .mov formats provided that the codecs inside are compatible - it can accept .m4v/mp4 as well no probs, but its a silly process to be doing twice.

Burn or Roxio Toast Titanium.

Also iMacsoft is a very good, but often unused tool to search these forums, as your question comes up every once in a while and must have been answered to death already.

How do I put iPhone video on DVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.