Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion: Finder background color options not working.

Hi.

Does anyone else have this problem Lion? When I tried to arrange my folders in Finder using "Arrange By" > "Name" its background colour turned from my custom blue to its default white. When I tried to turn it back to blue by right clicking the background and then going to "Show View Options", the background color options (White, Color, Picture) cannot be clicked. Now I'm stuck with white. Can anybody help me with this problem?

I have a mid-2009 Macbook.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 5:51 PM

9 replies

Jan 13, 2013 9:35 PM in response to hairybones

I had a problem like this when I downloaded Google Earth, I was stuck with a google earth picture in my finder.

When I tried to change it, the Background Options were faded gray and unclickable.

I saw there was a picture in the small square where it says "drag Image here" so I googled some plain white images and draged them right on that square presto chango it changed the that background

Feb 9, 2016 1:55 PM in response to hairybones

I have the same problem - except that I have always had pure white backgrounds, and I have never been able to change them.

I am running OSX El Capitan 10.11.3 on a Mac Mini. I wanted to change the background color because I have SVG graphics that are pure white, so it's impossible to see their previews against a pure-white background. :-(

When I select "view options" from any folder on my system, I don't even get the "Background" color submenu AT ALL.

If I click on "icon view", then I suddenly do get a "Background Color" submenu in the View Options Panel... but It is GHOSTED, so I can't click on anything to change it. Super Frustrating!! (Especially because Googling this issue produces countless demo's and explanations showing people being able to "Just change the background"... Just select "view options", and then "Change the color". Yea. Sure. That'd be great if it actually was there!!

It doesn't seem to matter which folder I am in. :-(

Lion: Finder background color options not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.