Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icons in "Documents" folder keep rearranging

Ever since upgrading from Lion, I've been having a number of problems and quirks. Lion is the most buggy operating system I've ever used, and I've used everything.

One of the most frustrating things is that my "Documents" folder keep rearranging all the icons. I have the folders and documents put exactly where I want them, with certain kinds of folders and documents located near each other and my most often used folders on top. That worked perfectly in Snow Leopard, but Lion continually rearranges the folder, moving things around every other time I open it. Why is it doing this? I'm not using the "clean up" or "arrange by" folder. Anyone know how to stop this? I'm seriously considering going back to Snow Leopard. Lion is TERRIBLE.

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 7:43 PM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2011 12:12 PM in response to LJH_CMH

I'm also having this problem with my external drives and it's seriously infuriating. I don't need Lion to "help" me organize my icons.

I take that back, an easy way to organize Launchpad would be greatly appreciated - but that seems to be the story with Lion; I get help where I don't need it and I'm on my own the rest of the time.

Icons in "Documents" folder keep rearranging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.