Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal preferences, default calendar, last selected calendar: proposed improvements to behaviour and user interface (10.7, Build 11A511)

For consistency with previous released versions of iCal: I think the default should be last selected calendar.

iCal 5.0 (1535) in Mac OS X 10.7 (Build 11A511) seems to avoid that default, iCal seems to make a guess — often a wrong guess — and so begins the confusion.

The option that people seek is too easily overlooked, because it's at the foot of a sometimes long menu. For a considerable number of users, probably hidden when the menu first appears.

If concerned, please state whether you agree with these three points:

1. the menu item last selected calendar should be first, at the head, at the top of the menu
  2. for a new user of Lion, the default calendar should be last selected calendar
  3. for an existing user upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion, the default calendar should be last selected calendar.

Thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 8 GB MacBookPro5,2 GeForce 9600M GT

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 11:45 PM

4 replies

May 8, 2012 7:45 PM in response to Graham Perrin

This is absolutely brilliant and I think it should become the default option selected when starting the application for the first time and should be at the top.

I was dumbfounded when after selecting a calendar in the drop down list before entering an event, it would change back to another, even when that calendar was turned off.

Took me a while to work out what was going on.

Not sure why it's not an update to this build rather than waiting for something to come around the Mountain.

iCal preferences, default calendar, last selected calendar: proposed improvements to behaviour and user interface (10.7, Build 11A511)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.