5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 25, 2011 4:26 AM by s_coope
IanB Level 4 Level 4

I habitually use ⌘-` to switch between windows open in an application.  This doesn't seem to work in full-screen apps like Mail or Safari when they are in full-screen mode (it still works if the app isn't in full-screen mode).

Should it?

• s_coope Level 1 Level 1

In full screen mode, each window is treated as a new space. So no, you can't toggle windows to move between them. You can use the spaces swipe gestures though.

• IanB Level 4 Level 4

Thanks for your reply s_coope.

If I'm composing a new message in Mail and want to go to the message viewer.  What gesture would I use?

Even the expose gesture doesn't seem to work for me in full screen mode and going to mission control just shows the first desktop instead of my mail space.

Mail behaves a bit differently, TBH I hadn't tried it in full screen mode before.

As far as I can tell, you'd have to close the new message window to access other functions in this case.

• IanB Level 4 Level 4

Yes that's what I thought.  I quite like the full-screen mode but I'm finding it inconvenient if you need to refer to other messages whilst composing.

I think it's fine in specific circumstances, but probably not an every day thing for me.