Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot use chinese (traditional) input for trackpad after install lion

I cannot use Chinese ( traditional ) input , only Chinese ( simple ) available and can be used, for my tackpad handwriting after installed Lion. Can I download the chinese ( traditional ) from the store?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 5:44 AM

13 replies

Jul 27, 2011 9:36 AM in response to kaifuh

google translation of Ken-c reply:

Private message link loading picture
I found a way to bring up the traditional with the normal use of hand window, lookfor your reference.
1 input source -> Traditional Chinese input method for all options, please tick all.
2 Input Source -> Simplified Chinese input method to select a five-stroke input.
Finished selecting exit, Traditional handwriting input can be properly called outand the normal use.
If only she only traditional handwritten input, even after the exit and then go checkto see that they will be no check
! Should also check if simplified input method (but not checked this simplifiedhandwriting) to change the normal function of traditional hand-written, very strange! I do not know why?

Aug 20, 2011 12:18 AM in response to honfromnewcastle

Open language and text preferences

• - Select all chinese tradional boxes
  • - and also select all chinese simple’s Wubi

⚠ I'm sorry, but that is imho not a "correct" answer in that it

1. Doesn't actually fix the main issue (trackpad cannot be used for both traditional and simplified)

2. Is no better or worse than the "fix" to enable or disable trackpad input in the preferences only for whichever method you want to use currently, while retaining all other default settings.

I'm only mentioning this so Apple doesn't assume the issue is fixed, not to criticise honfromnewcastle's efforts! 😉

Sep 29, 2011 8:14 AM in response to honfromnewcastle

I have the same problem for a long time after I install Lion and I tried this temp solution. May be it can help you.

e,g. Handwriting cannot work in Safari:

1. Quit the Safari completely.

2. Start the handwriting in Finder.

3. Press "暫停" in handwriting window.

4. Start the Safari again.

5. Reactive the handwriting.

I have tried this solution many time and it work for me. I hope this solution can help you.

cannot use chinese (traditional) input for trackpad after install lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.