Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion mail cannot connect to IMAP server with certificate

I have a clean install of Lion (was installed on an external empty drive then installed in my macbookpro).

I have setup 2 IMAP accounts successfully : one for Gmail and one for my personal mail server.

I am now trying to setup another IMAP account for one of the DoD mail server which utilizes Certificates. That setup also need SSL(port 993) + some certificates. Unfortunately I cannot seem to connect and get a username/password rejection when creating the account or trying to bring online (after the creation). My username/password is correct (I have checked via other means). I know this mail server requires certain certificates to be installed. I have loaded the SystemCACetificates keychain as well (not loaded by default) that can be found in /System/Library/KeyChains/SystemCACertificates.keychain.

Not much success either.

The strange thing is that teh network guys do not even see me connecting to the mail server and being rejected.

Has anybody similar problem. I would appreciate any help on that matter.

Thanks

Eric

Mac OS X (10.7), Clean install

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 7:42 AM

There are no replies.

Lion mail cannot connect to IMAP server with certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.