Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad/Settings/Store

I have been able to connect my MBP and iPhone 4 to iTunes iCloud beta. They show up in the "Devises" section of my account in iTunes for availability to download purchases.

When I go to Settings/Store on my iPad and I try to add the iPad to the iCloud beta by clicking "Yes" for Music, Apps and Books in the "Automatic Downloads" section, it defaults back to "No" on all three headings. I cannot find a way around this. Please advise what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 9:28 AM

3 replies

Jul 25, 2011 9:40 AM in response to Anthony Curcio

The first two things that I can think of are ....

if you have restrictions enabled on your iPad, that may be causing the problem ...Settings>General>Restrictions. See if you have it turned on.

The second thing would be is to check your Apple ID on the iPad and make sure you are using the same Apple ID on the iPad that you use in iTunes on your computer. Go to Settings>Store and see what ID you are using.

If these things don't do it for you, you can reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple logo appears - ignore the red slider. See if that helps when you try again.

Message was edited by: Demo

Jul 25, 2011 10:05 AM in response to Anthony Curcio

I reset my iPad anytime things start to go funky. I have done it many times with no drastic consequences. It is basically like rebooting your Mac and it is a common troubleshooting step. It does not affect any settings, data, apps - anything at all. I'm not saying this will work, but it is a standard "try this" type of fix. I would hesitate to restore my iPad unless that was absolutely necessary, but I have done that once with success as well.

You can also try signing out of your account on the iPad, restart the iPad and then sign back into your account and see if that helps. You could also set it up in iTunes on your Mac if you haven't done so. Launch iTunes and the go to iTunes>Preferences>Store and turn on apps, music and books in there.

iPad/Settings/Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.