Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access facebook

It's been a few days but I cannot access the facebook site all of a sudden. I can access other sites just not facebook. Tried with other browsers but it's still not successful. When I tried to enter the website, it just loads for a while and nothing happens and the website doesn't come up. Tried to ping www.facebook.com and got this result.

Ping has started…

ping: cannot resolve www.facebook.com: Unknown host

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 10:09 AM

14 replies

Dec 26, 2011 1:59 PM in response to marcusongzp

I have a similar issue... I can see Facebook fine but when I try and post anything as a status message, either plain txt, a youtube link, or a picture.... it gives me the "Oops. Something went wrong. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can" error every....single...time.

I have tried restarting OSX, resetting Safari, logging out/in, same error message. I have tried Firefox and it gives me the same error message. This is not an isolated event either, been getting this error for the past week and a half.

The only solution I can see is totally reinstalling OSX which I am not going to do.

Any help is appreciated.

Dec 26, 2011 2:38 PM in response to kingnimrod

Just tried that and I can post status updates on the newly created account. Very strange.

What is even stranger is that on my original Facebook account, I can update my status on my iphone and ipad but not on my macbook pro using either firefox or safari.. it still gives me the same error.

Agrivating!! But then again, it won't be hard to stop using facebook haha, maybe this is my chance at freedom.

Mar 23, 2014 2:57 AM in response to Andrew Heckler

It seems to me that this problem is occurring with tons of people and instead of Mac doing someyhing about its just comng up with all sorts of different things we have to do. When I cant get into faebook I get the Safari logo that says its not a secure enough site so it is safari that is causing the trouble and this needs to be sorted out and soon!

Cannot access facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.