Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion speaker and microphone problem on MacBook Air

After updating my 2.Gen MacBook Air to Lion i have no sound (speakers and microphone) in any of my apps, like Skype, Telephone... (but i still can listen to iTunes and the system preference shows that my microphone is working) what can i do?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7), Sound

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 10:37 AM

13 replies

Jul 25, 2011 10:45 AM in response to Stuwawah

that was the first thing i did and yes it all set up to internal... it dosn't even work with my iPhone headphones too... the system sounds and iTunes/Quicktime/Safari, are working perfect... Skype, Telephone and Rosetta Stone are not recognicing either the Microfone or the Speakers... not the internal one... and not the headphone 😟

Sep 6, 2012 8:53 AM in response to GioDuPree

I am also having a same problem.

- Macbook Air (New Version) with Mountain Lion

- Rosetta 3.4.5

- Logitech ClearChat Comfort USB (one of the recommended headphone by Rosetta)

When I used left side USB port, the microphone on Logitech works fine but no sound comming out from ear piece. I can use speaker on the Air, but it defeats the purpose of headphone. No driver were provided by Logitech for MacOS, their website said it is already embedded with MacOS.

This is hurrible. I think the problem is on Rosetta side (since headphone works fine with Sound configuration and any other apps, except Rosetta).

Lion speaker and microphone problem on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.