Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving illustrator CS5 files in Mac OSX Lion makes the app to crash

Hello!

I have serious troubles with illustrator since i've installed Lion. All my files are stored in a networked Western Digital USB disk connected to the Airport Extreme via USB port. When a file is open in illustrator and try to save ir after a few changes the APP CRASH! No matter if the file was in the desktop or in the networked drive, always crash! The file is saved OK and with no errors but the app crash and need to be "Force Quited" and open again...

Anybody has this issue with illustrator and Lion? Anybody has a fix for this?

THANKS!!!

Adobe Illustrator CS5.5-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 10:36 AM

99 replies

Jul 26, 2011 9:25 AM in response to coocooforcocoapuffs

Like leitowys all of my ai files that are saved over the network (on time capsule) do it... Big or small.

I should also note I never had this problem in Snow Leopard ... On my laptop I reverted back to snow leopard after upgrading to lion, and my illustrator works fine again saving over network etc.

Also, when I try to force quit once it has frozen up in illustrator, everything freezes up and I eventually have to power button restart.

Message was edited by: charles59

Jul 26, 2011 11:40 AM in response to charles59

Now that's interesting! Do you have the entire suite? What version? If you have a CS package, try saving something in PS.

Btw, the first thing u should do with any Adobe product problem is flush the preferences file. Have you done that? There is no reason to assume it's a Lion problem, even if the apps worked in SL. That's not logical. Cheers!

Jul 26, 2011 12:02 PM in response to leitowys

Hi guys! I've recently made a clean/fresh install of Lion with a formatted hard drive and installed a fresh Adoba CS5.5 hoping will solve the problem but NO, the problem still there!! It's frustating!!! Cant work!!!! The save as method work but not always, sometimes crashed too. This is a serious, serous problem!!! C'mon Adobe! Make something!! or... Apple maybe?

Thanks

Saving illustrator CS5 files in Mac OSX Lion makes the app to crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.