Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion iCal client can't read SLS wiki calendar?

Anyone else running Snow Leopard Server (10.6.8) having issues with the new Lion iCal client (v5.0) not seeing a wiki/group calendar? I've got the server path on the Lion client on a new MacBook Air exactly the same as that of the Snow Leopard client (v4.0.4) on my Mac Pro: /principals/__uids__/wiki-groupname

The Mac Pro is working fine with this setup, only difference is the client OS/client iCal version.

iCal server logs don't even show a hit from the Lion client when I refresh the client calendar, while it does show a hit from the Snow Leopard client when I refresh it.

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 10:37 AM

13 replies

May 8, 2012 7:21 PM in response to typ993

Hi Morris:

I'm not sure what the issue is there. Have you tried restarting both the iCal server and client?

While my Lion iCal clients work with SLS iCal, I find that every so often the Lion iCal client will forget the group wiki path and it seems to revert to the default ("/principals/__uids__/many hex characters"). I then have to go back in and restore the group wiki path, restart the server, and restart the client. That usually works.

May 9, 2012 2:30 AM in response to typ993

While the behavior you describe

(...every so often the Lion iCal client will forget the group wiki path and it seems to revert to the default ("/principals/__uids__/many hex characters"). I then have to go back in and restore the group wiki path...)

is not ideal, I can't even get it to remember it once. Restart iCal server, restart iCal client, restart MacBook Pro with client...it keeps reverting back to the hex address.

You mention something about

...this was a preferences problem with Lion iCal in the client...

and

...I cleaned all the individual calendar files out of the Library folder...

Can you be more specific? I tried digging through the library files, looking for ones associated with the URL of the SLS Wiki Calendar, but that did not seem to help.

Thanks!

May 9, 2012 9:44 AM in response to Morris Zwick

It's been awhile since I did this (so the memory of the procedure isn't fresh), but you might want to dump the com.apple.iCal.plist file (quit iCal first) on each client.

Then, in the Calendars folder, there should be a hex-named folder for each calendar account. For example, mine has two, one for iCloud and the other for the SLS account. Look at the Info.plist file within those folders and it should be obvious which one is the SLS account. Delete that folder, restart iCal, and reenter the account information and that should do the trick.

Let us know if that worked or not.

May 13, 2012 11:03 AM in response to typ993

Sorry, took a couple of days.

Deleted SLS calendar from iCal Preferences

Deleted com.apple.iCal.plist

Cleaned all the residual SLS calendars from the calendar accounts folder.

Rebooted.

Start iCal.

Change URL to the Wiki calendar. Nothing.

Quit iCal and restart, reverts to individual calendar (i.e., URL changed back).

I have this working on other systems, but none with Lion on it. Bizarre.

May 14, 2012 6:00 PM in response to typ993

Wow, looks like I am like Bob Marley: Draw Bad Card. I have the same problems with the update. Server logs show that iCal successfully connects with the random hex code in the URL, but when I sub it for "wiki-<groupshortname>", nothing. Still working great on other SL and iOS machines. I will keep trying stuff to see if something eventually gets it.

Jul 31, 2012 5:18 PM in response to Morris Zwick

I have just upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion on my Macbook Pro and am having the same sort of problem as described by Morris Zwick, re talking to iCal server on SLS.

I can save the wiki-<groupname> in the Calendar account but it just seems to completely ignore it and only look at the calendar(s) setup under the individual login id.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

Jul 31, 2012 5:56 PM in response to davidav

Got it working with ML client running Calendar and SLS iCal server hosting group calendars. Here's how:

- remove all group accounts from Calendar

- quit Calendar

- delete calendar folder(s) for group calendars (in /User/<name>/Library/Calendars)

- delete Calendar Cache file

- restart Calendar

- setup group account (changing Server Path to /principals/__uids__/wiki-<groupname>/)

- quit Calendar

- edit Info.plist file in newly created calendar folder and replace all references to HEX id with wiki-<groupname> (about 10 of these)

- delete Calendar Cache file

- restart Calendar

- repeat process for each group calendar

Lion iCal client can't read SLS wiki calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.