Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When resuming from screensaver

When resuming from screensaver screen is pixelated in large blocks about a quarter inch square. I can put in my password after i roll the cursor around enough to see where to click to put in my password. Is there a fix for that yet?

IMac

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 11:05 AM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2011 11:32 AM in response to Spo_jk

Just wanted to say that i got an adwise in the thread that i posted earlier that has worked for me.

Adwise form Softwater:

Try deleting this file:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.screensaver.plist

and then re-starting your mac.

Don’t worry, deleting the file is harmless. It will just recreate itself to default settings when the computer reboots. It may be that the current file is corrupt.

Note: to get to this file in Lion, you have to chose ‘Go’ menu from the Finder menubar at the top of the screen, while keeping the ‘option’ key held down. When you do this, you will see ‘Library’ in the Go menu bar. Click on it and navigate to Preferences and look for the filecom.apple.screensaver.plist and trash it.

When resuming from screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.