Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Battery Charger battery specs?

So, I am deciding to buy a battery charger from Apple, but Apple didn't seem to tell what specs for the battery. Anyone know? Because I don't want a really low capacity ones...

mAh? Volts?

Thanks

CC9799

iMac 21 inch Core i3 3.06GHz mid 2010, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 2:08 PM

10 replies

Jul 25, 2011 2:21 PM in response to CC9799

Hello:

I buy almost everything from Apple, but not rechargeable batteries nor my charger. I like to know something about the manufacturer and I doubt Apple makes either one.

At the moment, I have a drawer full of Energizer rechargeables (2450 mAH) and a 15 minute Energizer charger. I got all of them new on eBay at a very reasonable price.

Barry

P.S. The voltage on rechargeables is 1.2 (regular batteries are 1.5). The life of a charge is shorter than Lithium batteries, but it makes no difference to me as I am only 15 minutes from fully charged batteries.

Message was edited by: Barry Hemphill

May 17, 2012 2:44 AM in response to gerald273

Hi all,

That's the best thread I've found here about Battery specs for the Apple Charger. So I would like to know your view.

I would like to extend the use of this charger to other devices and want to buy more rechargeable batteries. I've recently bought some, respecting these specs : HR6 / AA / 1,2V / 1900 mAh. But the charger doesn't work with these. It does only with the original Apple ones.

Does anyone know if there is another spec to comply with ? Or have you tried another brand that is working well with this charger ?

Thanks,

Eric

Apple Battery Charger battery specs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.