Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cleanest way to migrate from a Snow Leopard MPB to Lion Mini

I'm about to migrate my account info from my Snow Leopard MBP to a new Lion Mini. This account has been with me since the first 17" G4 Powerbook came out. In fact my Home Directory is called "Powerbook", which has moved from a 17" to a 12" to a 15" over the past 8 and from I think Panther all the way to SL. I've always wondered a couple of things... 1) am I losing some new OS zip by not having a clean install and then reinstalling everything, and 2) how do I get rid of "Powerbook" in my home directory (note my user account is different, it's my name) which really won't make sense on the mini 🙂.

I really don't want to reinstall everything. I would like to clean house some though and start off Lion with a good of an image as possible. Should I just use the Migration Assistant, or would you recommend trying something else???

Is there any way to get ride of the "Powerbook" in the home directory?

Cheers!

Cibby

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 4:35 PM

There are no replies.

Cleanest way to migrate from a Snow Leopard MPB to Lion Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.