Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DigitalColor Meter alternatives?

DigitalColor Meter in 10.7 is essentially useless -- not sure why Apple decided to criple its functionality, but no big deal. Does anyone know of a good alternative? In 10.6 I used DigitalColor Meter fairly heavily while doing webdev; could really use some sort of alternative.

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 7:29 PM

14 replies

Jul 27, 2011 4:25 PM in response to jesse.jlt

Hi all! I'm the developer of Classic Color Meter. Thanks for talking about (and buying, much appreciated!) my app 🙂

I just wanted to mention:

1) The only DCM features that I haven’t implemented are “Click in swatch copies color to clipboard” and “Drag in swatch drags out the color”. I couldn’t find any actual use cases for either of these. If you need them, let me know and I’ll add them.

2) CIE 1931 / CIE 1976 / CIE Lab* / and Tristimulus values are slightly different from Snow Leopard’s version. This is due to SL’s DCM.app using 32-bit Carbon APIs (ancient and deprecated). Classic Color Meter uses the newer ColorSync APIs from 10.5 Leopard.

If you have any problems with the app, let me know (via the App Store support link or http://iccir.com )

Cheers!

- Ricci

DigitalColor Meter alternatives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.