Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IsToDo gone from Mail in Lion?

I have some ToDo items under REMINDERS (below Notes) of Mail 4.5 in OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. They all disappeared from Mail 5.0 in OS X Lion!

How can I get them back there?

(I can see some in iCal Reminders 5.0) Does it mean that they have all moved there and no longer appeared in Mail?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 25, 2011 11:27 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2011 9:06 AM in response to Ivan H

Sadly, some bright light at Apple decided he/she didn't like the Reminders feature in Mail and had it removed in Lion!!!! I used it extensively, so I feel your pain. Does anyone know how to associate an email message with an iCal reminder now the easy and simple approach is gone? And please don't say "Use OutlooK' although it pains me to say that MS has a more elegant way of integrating messages and tasks.

PS I tried dragging an email into Notes as a crude substitute but doing so strips away any attachments. Worse still, it also removes the message from the Inbox, so you lose the attachments altogether!

IsToDo gone from Mail in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.