Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books not showing up in iTunes HomeSharing.

I have an odd problem. I am sharing my iTunes library from my iMac on the local network (ran through an Airport Extreme). On my girlfriend's MacBook Pro, the iTunes library shows up nicely, and shows/plays Music, Films, Podcasts etc... EXCEPT... Books.

That is to say, the Books category is showing up in the list of the Shared Library on the MacBook Pro, but it is empty, while I have a dozens of books and PDF's in that library. As mentioned, Musics, Films and everything else that is supposed to be shared shows up as it should, and plays.

Both Macs are running OS X 10.6.8 and the latest version of iTunes, 10.4.

Naturally, Books are ticked in the Sharing tab of the Preference tab of the iMac iTunes library.

I can't for the life of me figure this one out. Any thoughts anyone?

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 6:17 AM

1 reply

Aug 24, 2011 1:50 AM in response to j.ve

I am having the exact same issue, but running my shared media folder on a Mac Pro Lion Server. On that computer everything works fine. Neither our Lion iMac nor brand new MacBook Air see any books in the shared iTunes Media folder. They see and can access everything else. Books are a mix of epubs and pdfs. Prior to tonight's 10.4.1 update, the books list was at least visible on my older MacBook Pro running 10.6.8. Now that has stopped working. Installing 104.1 did nothing to fix books not showing up in the shared library on the Lion Macs.

Books not showing up in iTunes HomeSharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.