Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New forum software can't right-click auto-correct spelling.

I noticed Apple has moved to the same forum software as Adobe. One thing that I can't stand with it is that I can't right click a word to spell correct it. And it won't underline a misspelled word. The forum software has its own right click menu. Kind of annoying that Apple's own boards circumvent OS X technology (even on Safari).

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 7:28 AM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2011 8:17 AM in response to Navarro Parker -

Not much Apple can do about how things work. They didn't write the software, they use the package from Jive (the only one that can keep up with the massive load of these Communities), so they're stuck with how the forum software works.

I'm not sure why it stopped underlining misspellings; it did when the Communities first came on line. It may be something that changed in the most recent versions of Safari (or WebKit itself) that Jive will need to correct. I haven't tried another web browser such as Firefox to see if the problem is indeed limited to Safari.

Regards.

New forum software can't right-click auto-correct spelling.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.