Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 3014 can't update iOS from Singapore

Keep getting this error since ios 4.3.3, weird thing is that it can update when i return to Malaysia. It just can't update from Singapore.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 10:17 PM

problem fixed, i tried by disabeling the wifi from my computer, connect to the internet via iphone personal hotspot in USB mode and press update in the itunes and its working! the error 3014 occurs only when it tries to verify. It looks like its not the firewall problem it should be the wireless network blocked the itunes to connect with the apple server with the safe search thing.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2011 10:17 PM in response to Jvhz

problem fixed, i tried by disabeling the wifi from my computer, connect to the internet via iphone personal hotspot in USB mode and press update in the itunes and its working! the error 3014 occurs only when it tries to verify. It looks like its not the firewall problem it should be the wireless network blocked the itunes to connect with the apple server with the safe search thing.

Aug 10, 2011 4:44 AM in response to Jvhz

Yes I can report the same problem here in Singapore, although I was not using wi-fi, my computer was connected via LAN.

Basically I upgraded my internet to the 100Mbs service, StarHub installed a new router. The service seems to come with an automatic subscription to "Safe Surf" their internet child safety/ anti **** filter.

I went to the StarHub webpage logged in with my Hub ID and you can turn safe surf off there. Once I had done that I was immediately able to update my iphone.

Thanks Jvhz, you saved me from hours of trying to figure this one out!

Error 3014 can't update iOS from Singapore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.