Skip navigation

Pictures, Google Maps not displaying - Any tips?

354 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2011 11:08 AM by Wyodor RSS
warrencheswick Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 26, 2011 9:33 AM

Hey all,

I'm building a pretty simple wedding website. The goal is to just provide some basic information; nothing too big.

I had an issue with the nav bar not displaying so I got rid of it and made my own with links.

I was wondering if anyone could provide tips on how to correct the remaining issues? (i'm hosting it from dropbox since it's a pretty minor site and only expect  100 or so views. Not sure if this contributes to the problems)

I'm at work on PC and tried viewing the page in both IE and Chrome.

Main Page:

Pictures display but the white border around them does not.

Twitter and facebook links at the bottom next to email link doesnt display.

Details page:

Background image is not displaying.

Google maps widgets don't display

countdown clock widget isn't displaying

Our story page:

It used to be a bunch of pictures with arrows and stuff but it was pretty slow so I just created one large image to display. That one image isn't displaying

Bridal Party page:

Images display fine but the border's aroudn them don't.

The site is

www.rogerandmelanie.com

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas to how to correct the issues.

iWeb '08
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (113,030 points)

I viewed your site from my iMac with Safari 5.1 and on the Welcome page see no borders of any kind around the photos?  Also see no background image on the Details page and no borders around the photos on the Bridal Party page. 

I checked the Activity window in Safari (Command+Option+A) for your site and found that there are several files from the Scripts folder that are not getting uploaded.

If you're using iWeb to upload the site try using the File ➙ Publish Entire Site menu option. If that does'nt work publish your site to a folder on your hard drive and use the free FTP client  Cyberduck to upload the site folder to your server.

Note:  each frame around a photo adds 4 additional files that needs to be uploaded and rendered by the browser to view the page.  That can cause a page to load more slowly.  Although not as nice looking, I don't add frames, drop shadows, etc. to photos to make the sites more compatible to the dark side.

OT

• Wyodor Level 6 Level 6 (19,335 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 27, 2011 11:08 AM (in response to Old Toad)

I doubt you can use, or need, CyberDuck to publish to DropBox.

And why would you? DropBox already IS a folder on the desktop.

Likewise, you can directly publish to a folder on iDisk when iDisk is mounted.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.