1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 12, 2011 2:06 PM by Jezz Dangles
Joël Huxtable Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I had previously updated Safari in Snow Leopard and Reading List worked fine. After upgrading to Lion, all is well except readign list - when I activate it, the window slides over to view the list, but mearly duplicates the existing window multiple times - resembling a fanned out deck of cards ( see attached image). I cannot view my reading list. Yes, I have restarted Safari and re-booted several times.SAFARI PROBLEM.png

iMac intel 2.4, MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.5)
  • Jezz Dangles Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I had this exact same problem less than a few days ago and the way to resolve this issue (well it worked for me) is to do the following.

1. With Safari open click the Safari tab to show the option of reset Safari.
    2. Click on reset Safari and then your be displayed with a window that askes if you "Are sure you want to reset Safari?"
    3. Before reseting Safari you may want to uncheck some of the boxes, I unchecked the reset top sites and my auto fill form text.
    4. when you are happy with your unchecked or checked selection then click the Reset button.
    5. Safari will reset its self and reopen a fresh.
    6. You should now be all fixed.

I closed Safari at this stage and then reoped it and my reading list was fixed and still all my reading items where as I left them before I had the problem.

Hope this helps.