Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't capture DV audio from Sony HDV deck

It's been a while since I've used my Sony HDV deck to capture DV tapes, but I have to revise an old project shot on DV NTSC. When I go into Audio Video Settings>Capture Presets>DV NTSC 48 khz, I keep getting a message that "No Audio Device is set". I made a copy of this preset to edit, but when I go to select a device under Quicktime Audio Settings, DV Audio is not an option, even though DV Video is selected (and working) in the DV Video Settings drop down menu. When I try to capture one of the old clips, the video comes through with no audio.

I have the deck set as follows:

HDV/DV select: DV

i.LINK - on

A/V-DV Out - off

I've tried trashing the prefs followed by a restart, as well as turning on the deck before launching FCP. I've also messed with a variety of Easy Setup options to no avail.

I'm have a MacPro Dual Quad running FCP 7.0.3, QuickTime 10 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ian

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 3:08 AM

Set the deck's A/V-DV Out setting to ON.

-DH

2 replies

Can't capture DV audio from Sony HDV deck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.