Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you want the application “iTunes.app” to accept incoming network connections? & Time Machine...

After upgrading to Lion and upgrading my iTunes to 10.5 (beta 3, dev), my iTunes now comes up with the message 'Do you want the application “iTunes.app” to accept incoming network connections?' each time it loads. I've tried reinstalling iTunes 10.5 beta 3 and beta 4 when that came out. Still get the same issue. I'm thinking of using Time Machine to go back to 10.6.8 from just before I installed Lion. My only problem is, I have put loads of photos recently on my computer. I have backed these up on Time Machine, but if I go back to a previous restore point then upgrade, can I get any files (pictures, music documents) created recently from Time Machine?

Any help would grateful

Thanks in Advanced

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 1:17 PM

Found the solution. Didn't have to reinstall. If anyone else has had this problem, look at the following link:

http://www.mikesel.info/fixed-do-you-want-the-application-itunes-app-to-accept-i ncoming-network-connections/

2 replies

Jan 29, 2013 2:49 PM in response to shfonic

shfonic wrote:

Found the solution. Didn't have to reinstall. If anyone else has had this problem, look at the following link:

http://www.mikesel.info/fixed-do-you-want-the-application-itunes-app-to-accept-i ncoming-network-connections/

There seems to be some vital information missing the text on the page the link sends you to, does anyone have the original version?

Do you want the application “iTunes.app” to accept incoming network connections? & Time Machine...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.