Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do You Bring Back the Hold Click Mouse Button to Bring Up Context Menu for Web Browsing?

Hi. I have gone back to setting up the Magic Mouse to single button because it's more comfortable and free to use it that way instead of setting it up as a two button mouse but it's not comfortable when you want to bring up the context menu (when you right click items) by doing the Ctrl - click combo. In some apps like with the Dock icons and in Systeme Preferences (Show All) you could bring up the context menu by holding the click a little longer. Hold Clicking to bring up the context menu is more comfortable for web browsing for example when you what some links to be come out as another tab which is useful for reading articles. How do you bring this back at least for web browsing (it would be better if it's universal to all apps). Previous OS like the older OS 9 and if I can remember OS 7 had this. Thank you in advance.

Gbu.

iMac i7 Late 2009, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 8:09 PM

There are no replies.

How Do You Bring Back the Hold Click Mouse Button to Bring Up Context Menu for Web Browsing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.