3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2011 4:57 PM by KiwiMac
KiwiMac Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Hi

I just tidied up my various folders and so on that had got a wee bit messy with a fair amount of work recently.

My eyes not being quite what they used to be, I could not help but think how much easier it would be if I could increase the font size on all the project and file labels.

Is it possible to do that?

Mac Pro dual 3.0 Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.2)
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (25,715 points)

Welcome to the age of squint club

Unfortunetly there is no built in way in Aperture to do this as far as I am aware.

One thing I find useful is to zoom the screen when I need to se a particularly difficult bit of text. If you hold the control key down and scroll the mouse (if you have a magic mouse its a single swipe up) the sceen will zoom in to the cursor point. To get back to noraml just scroll in the oposite direction.

regards

• Kirby Krieger Level 6 Level 6 (12,470 points)

In addition to Frank's suggestions:

Experiment with turning off font smoothing with fonts below a set size.  This helps some, and galls others.  The setting is at "System Preferences→Appearance".

There are other zooming tools in addition to the "scroll to zoom".  These are set at "System Preferences→Univarsal Access→Zoom→Options".

You might consider running your display at a smaller resolution (this will make the system fonts render larger).  "System Preferences→Display".

If you are still unsatisfied, you probably can find a third-party utility to change the system font settings.  (TinkerTool used to do this.)  I advise against it, as it almost always leads to unintended consequences, and in addition is difficult to maintain through the many updates and upgrades.

You could make a feature request of Apple, via "Aperture→Provide Aperture Feedback".  Even a "Small, Medium, Large" might be useful in the Library pane of the Inspector.

I use work bifocals with the "reading" lenses set specifically to the distance of a computer screen.  Invaluable, imho.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

• KiwiMac Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Thanks all.

It would be a useful addition - I am sure that you can do that sort of thing in some other Apple programs, so let us hope that they add it in soon.