Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Inspectors - increase font size?

Hi

I just tidied up my various folders and so on that had got a wee bit messy with a fair amount of work recently.

My eyes not being quite what they used to be, I could not help but think how much easier it would be if I could increase the font size on all the project and file labels.

Is it possible to do that?

Mac Pro dual 3.0 Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 10:38 AM

Welcome to the age of squint club 😉

Unfortunetly there is no built in way in Aperture to do this as far as I am aware.

One thing I find useful is to zoom the screen when I need to se a particularly difficult bit of text. If you hold the control key down and scroll the mouse (if you have a magic mouse its a single swipe up) the sceen will zoom in to the cursor point. To get back to noraml just scroll in the oposite direction.

regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2011 10:38 AM in response to KiwiMac

Welcome to the age of squint club 😉

Unfortunetly there is no built in way in Aperture to do this as far as I am aware.

One thing I find useful is to zoom the screen when I need to se a particularly difficult bit of text. If you hold the control key down and scroll the mouse (if you have a magic mouse its a single swipe up) the sceen will zoom in to the cursor point. To get back to noraml just scroll in the oposite direction.

regards

Jul 27, 2011 10:56 AM in response to KiwiMac

In addition to Frank's suggestions:

Experiment with turning off font smoothing with fonts below a set size. This helps some, and galls others. The setting is at "System Preferences→Appearance".

There are other zooming tools in addition to the "scroll to zoom". These are set at "System Preferences→Univarsal Access→Zoom→Options".

You might consider running your display at a smaller resolution (this will make the system fonts render larger). "System Preferences→Display".

If you are still unsatisfied, you probably can find a third-party utility to change the system font settings. (TinkerTool used to do this.) I advise against it, as it almost always leads to unintended consequences, and in addition is difficult to maintain through the many updates and upgrades.

You could make a feature request of Apple, via "Aperture→Provide Aperture Feedback". Even a "Small, Medium, Large" might be useful in the Library pane of the Inspector.

I use work bifocals with the "reading" lenses set specifically to the distance of a computer screen. Invaluable, imho.

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Aperture Inspectors - increase font size?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.