Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview not saving Signature

After clicking the accept button with my signature in the camera window, Preview will not save the signature. It continues to return to the previous dialog box askign me to create a signature. Any Ideas why or how to correct this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 5:54 AM

9 replies

Jan 13, 2012 7:54 PM in response to DeeTee996

Preview was showing the same issue for me - not saving a new signature despite clicking "Accept". I quit Preview, located older versions of Adobe Reader on my system (9, 10.1.1 etc.) and deleted them leaving the latest version (10.1.2). I emptied the Trash and then launched Preview which now accepted my second signature. I did not have to uninstall Adobe Reader.

May 16, 2012 4:24 AM in response to Mr Picasso

I'm having this problem now, but I don't have Adobe Reader anywhere on my system. Any other ideas?

edit: oop! Found a solution, posted about it over here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3291968?answerId=18401506022#18401506022

Deleting Preview.app's preferences and caches (which included those in ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Preview) ultimately fixed the problem for me.

Preview not saving Signature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.