Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Logging out randomly (MacBook Air)

Every once in a while my Macbook Air will log me out as if I had specified it to do so.

What's peculiar is it only happens when i'm running java-based applications. A game for example that uses JavaScript - I could be 15 minutes into the game then everything freezes and within seconds I'm at the login screen. When I log back in, the apps that I was running open up again like is if all was normal.

This has happened at least 7 times already. Not sure if this is a graphic card, logic board issue or what. If anyone has experienced the same problem or knows what this might be, please feel free to share.

Specs

Macbook Air (late 2010)

2 GB 1067 MHz DDr3

1.86 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Any additional details needed, please let me know.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 9:20 AM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2011 3:46 PM in response to thoamsmmc

having same issue and can't get work done... maybe looking to go back to snow leopard but not really

anyone have any ideas about this ?

also this happens when i have a lot of programs open but i have no java based games i am playing it is just standard work productivity apps

office 2011

outlook 2011

word 2011

wunderlist

skitch

evernote

powerpoint 2011

fantastical

drop box

caffine

better snap tool

mail

chrome with lot of tabs

safari

remote desktop

itunes

spotify

Feb 14, 2012 4:09 PM in response to evannieuwburg

I should've responded a long time ago since I found a solution some time ago.

What I did to fix the issue was to go to System Preferences > Energy Saver and put Computer and Display Sleep to Never. Keep it like that and the problem should disappear. After a week or so like that, I switched it back to defaults and it worked fine - haven't had a problem since.

You may have to keep it on "never" though and just put your computer to sleep manually.

Lion Logging out randomly (MacBook Air)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.