Skip navigation

Bluetooth COMPLETELY dissapeared

12203 Views 27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2014 8:14 AM by xsmijko RSS
1 2 Previous Next
Evanjs Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 27, 2011 11:07 AM

After updating to Lion (10.7), I tried going into bootcamp, but found out bluetooth was gone completely.  I mangaed with a wired keyboard alone to look in device manager, control panel, Ncpa.cpl (all internet devices e.g. wifi, ethernet, bluetooth), and the task bar, and bluetooth is nowhere to be found.  I also tried startup repair and system restore, in addition to directory services repair mode.  Does anybody have an idea of what's going on?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), Bootcamp Windows 7 x64, i7 2.93 ghz
  • Vencents Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 3, 2011 9:15 AM (in response to Evanjs)

Sir, I do not know how to thank you more for this.

Thank you so much for your updated comment.

I REALLY appreicate them. God bless you.

• michaelfromenterprise Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 3, 2011 9:51 PM (in response to Evanjs)

I haven't been able to even log into my Windows 7 on my IMAC for like a month because I didn't even own a usb mouse or keyboard! So I bought some off ebay for a couple bucks, got them in the mail thinking I'd just need to rediscover them once I made it into windows...

Seeing how we had the EXACT same issue I'm sure you understand my frustration at the sheer and utterly zero amount of support on this issue...

So low and behold I mangaged to stumble onto this post and read about that rediculous MOTIONNJOY driver... I jsut wanted to use a ps3 controller to play bioshock... and it still sucked. But I've spent hours trying to even find out where the **** the bluetooth went... and why my brand new IMAC was being such a pain in the...

So literally 15 seconds after reading your solution my mouse and keyboard work again. Who would have thought...

I mean really...

This post needs to somehow be the top hit on google as a solution. Not burried in the back of Apple's forum closet under all the other issues that don't pertain to me lol

Thanks

• drkfdr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 18, 2011 8:01 AM (in response to Evanjs)

This solved my problem too, thanks!

I didn't even know I had this problem until I needed bluetooth communication for my NXT.

In Parallels (/ VMware?), the MotionInJoy drivers did not seem to cause issues.

Also, I'd rather use my Xbox360 controllers since more games support it out of the box and doesn't need a crappy driver.

• The Town Fool Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Sep 19, 2011 10:47 AM (in response to Evanjs)

Thanks, solved that problem!

• JS1977 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 10, 2011 11:14 AM (in response to Evanjs)

Thank you SOOOO Much! I was tearing my hair out with the same issue - I even suspected it might be the motionjoy driver but stubborness on my part refused to accept it could "override" the Apple Drivers... Again, Thank you so much!

• n.ramhoj Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 30, 2011 4:14 AM (in response to Evanjs)

I had this problem on just a plain Windows 7 machine and your solution fixed it right away. THANK YOU!

• rickfromenschede Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 30, 2011 11:41 AM (in response to Evanjs)

THANKS A LOT !!!!!!! (stupid GTA IV I tried to play with my PS3 controller!!)

• gloomyspoon Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Nov 18, 2011 6:03 PM (in response to Evanjs)

I created this profile to tell you how much I love you. I have been trying to figure this out for waaaay too long. Freakin' motionjoy....

• ricardofromsan jose Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Nov 21, 2011 11:39 AM (in response to Evanjs)

thanks it works for me too

but i need to know how to use motioninjoy without override mi bluetooh driver...... so use the ps3 controller via usb....... please help

• norsean Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    May 29, 2012 10:23 AM (in response to Evanjs)

This completely solved my problems too. It is just really wired. I installed motion joy a while ago( last year, I can not really remember exactly when since I have not used it for so long and have compeltely forgot about it) and the bluetooth has been just fine until recently the whole bluetooth thing just stopped working. The bluetooth adapter just all gone from device manager. I have tried many many solutions including reinstalling the whole bootcamp driver pack, none has worked. Thank god I finally found this post. It is just a shame google put so many irrelevent search results on top of this one. Thanks man!!

• azykk Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jun 25, 2012 11:26 AM (in response to Evanjs)

thank god i found this, been sitting for hours trying to figure out why my keyboard wouldnt connect so ive resorted to using an on screen keyboard  lol, ive tried following your instructions but still no luck. i go to device manager and under "microsoft common controller for windows class" i right click "motioninjoy virtual xinput device for windows" and uninstall  it but there are 2 called that so i have to uninstall  it twice, then after restarting windows it still doesnt work, any help asap would be of great help!

• rickfromenschede Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jun 25, 2012 11:31 AM (in response to azykk)

Try reinstalling the keyboard drivers.

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.