Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd Post same topic w/ edits - Unable to Mount Drive

Hi again,

Yes, I am repeating a post but I have new stuff to add. And, since I received no replies on the last one, I don't think this will be a big deal.

OK, I expanded my search for a solution into AirDop, but my Pro is mid-2007 so AirDop is out. Also, someone suggested Apple Remote Desktop. Absolutely not. It is $80. I should not have to buy somethig to network my computers in the same room. Here's the rundown one more time:

I cannot get my mid-2007 MacPro to mount onto my 2010 macbook pro. I can get to some of the drives on the Pro using CMD+K afp, but not the Pro home folder, which is the one I need. Yes, I do have it set to share. When I try to connect to the Pro using my 'Registered User' login, it simply says, 'connection failed'.

I did try using the new option of the Apple ID to sign in. I have the same ID on both computers and I get this:

There was a problem connecting to the server "Lisa's Mac Daddy".

Check the server name or IP address, and then try again.
If you continue to have the problem, contact your system administrator.

After that, I am even more confused. I have checked & re-checked server namd & IP address. They are correct. I am the server administrator & haven't a clue.

Other steps taken:

1. I have re-started bothe machines.

2. I have re-checked my 'sharing' setting on both computers. my admin login has read & write access on both computers. Is there a new settings issue?

3. I am using Belkin wirelkess router from the Pro & WiFi on the macbook. The macbook show the AirDrop in the Finder sidebar so it is there but obviously not on the Pro.

4. i have tried using the admin logins for both computers on the macbook to gain access, it did not work.

I am so hopeing someone has an idea. This is taking way too much time to work around.

😕

AppleLisa Rose

2x2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 250g/2-500g/1tb drives/7g RAM/2007

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 11:39 AM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2011 8:02 PM in response to lisaroser

OK, called Apple Care. Don't know if this is a long-term fix but it is working like it should even after a re-start, so not asking any questions!

I had my user home folders listed under 'Share' in my Sharing Prefs on both computers. I removed them from the list and voilla!! Connected no problem!! Weird, eh? Even the tech guy was confused. This is one goes into the 'special' log for Lion. Tried it with both wireless & ethernet connections. Worked everytime no matter how we sliced it.

So, if for some reason this pops up for someone else, this is a fix!!

Have a good one!!

AppleLisa Rose

Jul 30, 2011 3:33 AM in response to lisaroser

I apologize for not being able to assist you even though you've sent me a link. I have been unwell and then took time off for studying.

For those who seem to have no luck with discussion threads, I would suggest contacting Apple Support Directly as a last resort. They are the experts and they will try their best to solve your problems.

Again, I am really sorry for not being of assistance.

-myimagination-

2nd Post same topic w/ edits - Unable to Mount Drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.