Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hard drive failure & Lost Logic Pro 8 Key

Hi,

I recently had a hard drive failure on my iMac. I had the drive replaced and had a copy of the data that was functional enough that I was able to do a migration from my old hard drive to the fresh OS install so it looks to me like everything is the same, just on a new hard drive. When I went to run Logic Pro, however, it asked me for my license key. I dug up the license for LP9 and entered it. It then asked me for my license key for LP8. I can't find it anywhere. I have the original discs but can't find where I put the piece of paper with the license key.

First question is, why is it asking me for my license if I did a migration? Everything about the licensed install should have come back, no? If there is nothing I can do to pull something back from the original failed hard drive, is there any way to trick LP9 into realizing that I am actually upgrading and I do have a licensed copy of LP8?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ric

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Hard drive failure

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 11:49 AM

There are no replies.

Hard drive failure & Lost Logic Pro 8 Key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.