Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buffalo's NAS firmware updated for Lion mac OS X 10.7

New firmware available for Buffalo's NAS to be Lion compatible

Time machine support to come (only thing still not working)

🙂

here is the link to choose your NAS, then download Mac Intel text and driver files for installation.

Exemple : Concerning my

Buffalo Linkstation Duo 2To (France) model is "LS-WXL" it's here :

Don't forget to re-activate DHCAST128 before updating :

see my post in french here for a step by step tutorial (to re-activate DHCAST128 it's at the very end of post).

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), Mid 2010

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 11:56 AM

4 replies

Jul 30, 2011 2:33 PM in response to Xenolith

OK I found a free and easy solution.

Since a lot of people report they are able to access their NAS using apps other than the Finder itself, I decided to look for a free Lion-compatible File Manager to use instead of Finder.

I have found muCommander ( http://www.mucommander.com/ ) and indeed it works fine. All I did was click on the button highlighted bellow, go to "bonjour services" and select my NAS. It prompted me for my username and password and voilá, it works fine.

User uploaded file

I keep Finder for everyday use and just load muCommander when I want to access the NAS. At least now I don't have to start my WinXP VM anymore just to access it.

Hope it helps you.

Nov 17, 2011 4:21 PM in response to foymanatee

My experience is that Lion has upgraded the smb protocol stack and is using a more secure authentication procedure. I asked Apple's fine engineers for instructions on how to deprecate Lion's smb security protocol back down to Snow Leopard's level. They suggested using the following command that needs to be run in a terminal window everytime Lion boots:

sudo sysctl -w net.smb.fs.kern_deprecatePreXPServers=0

To restore the smb protocol stack back to Lion's original state either reboot or run in a terminal window:

sudo sysctl -w net.smb.fs.kern_deprecatePreXPServers=1

Peter

Buffalo's NAS firmware updated for Lion mac OS X 10.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.