Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Info on Safari 5.0.6  - OS X 10.6.7

Mac OS X (10.6.5), Safari 5.0.5

Since I downloaded the free upgrade to Snapz Pro X 2 with Movie Capture 2.2.3 (the upgrade is

2.3.1) when I watch a streaming video on the Web (even if I don't record it and Snapz is not even on) the video is extremely jerky; it's just an image/photo that moves every 3-5 seconds.

So I upgraded from Safari 5.0.3 to Safari 5.0.5 which I like a lot. It resolved the problem, the video is now normal…or so I thought based on a quick superficial test. I was watching a video and it is slightly jerky (that is why I didn't noticed at first).

It's like out of sync and when someone moves there's a slight hesitation. Nothing too terrible but annoying enough to force me to do something about it.

I can either upgrade to Safari 5.0.6 (since the last update did help a lot)

but is it good ? Not all version of Safari or OS X are the same, some have flaws, bugs.

Since it came out this month it's too early to get feedback.

Or I can upgrade the OS X to OSX 10.6.7 (I will not take 10.6.6 since it received so many negative reviews here).

And the question is the same : is it a good stable, version ?

Again, I say 10.6.7 because the latest one, 10.6.8 just came out July 20 (too early to tell)

Anyone has information on these two ?:

Safari 5.0.6

OS X 10.6.7

Or a link where they discuss this ?

The reason I hesitate is that half of the time when I upgrade I'm sorry and I remember on two occasion I went back to the older version (once with Safari in +/-2005 and before that also with something (don't remember what).

Although sometimes I'm very happy with the new version of something (Safari 5.0.5 or the new Snapz which gives much better images quality than the old version).

So it's a mix bag.

But I'm also thinking to take the plunge and just take 10.6.8 (with Safari 5.1).

PS: I was wondering if it's not the website (the one that shows the videos) who has high traffic, etc. (BTW the sites are Dramafever, Dramacrazy both streaming korean videos)

so I was watching a little bit at 4 am and it seems OK, not too many people watching at that time, so it's not entirely Safari's fault or the OS X, but that doesn't resolve the issue for me since I'm watching between 10 pm and 1 am, so I need to upgrade something.

Mac OS X (10.6.5), Safari 5.0.5

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 2:22 PM

There are no replies.

Info on Safari 5.0.6  - OS X 10.6.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.