Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Displayport To HDMI adapter

Just installed Lion on my 2010 MacBook Pro 15" (Intel Core i7). I bought a mini displayport to HDMI adapter and it doesn't seem to detect my 27" LED monitor. The screen flashes for a moment on my MacBook and my external monitor wakes up but suddenly goes into power save mode. Is there something I'm missing? I thought it was a simple plug and play. Any advice would be great.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2010/8GB Ram/Core i7/500 GB @ 7200

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 7:59 PM

18 replies

Jan 30, 2012 3:53 AM in response to g00dni9ht

Hello there people.

I have found the solution to this hdmi sound problem on lion.

I recently bought a TECHLINK WIRES MEDIA off ebay and it worked perfect with my 2011 apple macbook pro lion. I plugged it in to my 2008 samsung tv in to the hdmi 3 port and there it was sound and vision like you have never seen it before picture perfect and quality clear sound, just shut the lid and it displays on the big screen. The quality of this cable is excellent and i am wondering if it is worth paying that bit extra for a TECHLINK APPLE MACBOOK PRO MINI DISPLAY TO HDMI CABLE 2.0M as it might be the quality what you need to solve this problem.

Thanks everybody for your support on this subject, and thanks to jon who sent me the cable to do a review for him.

Feel free to leave a comment.

Jan 17, 2013 6:47 PM in response to jkratman

jkratman wrote:

telling us to buy something else isn't solving the problem. it's just giving you more money instead of you acutally doing your job and helping us solve the problem with the adapter that we already purchased for rediculous amounts of money.

You realize that Brett, like everyone else here (including you) is just a user volunteering his time? You are not giving him more money.

Mini Displayport To HDMI adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.