Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

got a 160gb ipod classic and i put it on my computer and it said it was a 148.79 gb wheres my 160gb

i got a 160gb ipod classic and i put it on my computer and it said it was a 148.79 gb wheres my 160gb gone

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 4:12 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2011 5:27 AM in response to kthanksbye

From this Apple support document.

How much content will fit on my iPod or iPhone?

One more thing about disk capacity

In the iPod and iPhone About menu (and the iTunes Capacity bar), the disk capacity is reported as slightly less than the technical specifications for the device.

Why the difference? Most disk manufacturers measure disk capacity this way: 1 MB = 1 million bytes (1000 x 1000). A 4 GB disk, therefore, is one that holds 4 billion bytes. Computers, including Windows computers, Macintosh computers and iPod, measure disk capacity this way: 1 MB = 1 048 576 bytes (1024 x 1024). The difference in these two calculations is what causes the drive to appear as 3.7 GB on a computer, but actually be a 4 billion byte disk.

B-rock

got a 160gb ipod classic and i put it on my computer and it said it was a 148.79 gb wheres my 160gb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.