Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Multiple Validation errors" message when creating new project in FCPX

As a test I have now managed to change the file format from older quicktime file to .m4v and import into FCPX. I had to use Handbrake to change the file format to .m4v. If a free software can do this then why can't the $300 FCPX - and allow me to import directly? This would save me MANY hours of extra work!

But then, when I try and edit this - first trying to create a new project I get the message "Multiple validation errors occurred" The same message even if I try and custon settings rather than use the default

Does this mean that after all the work and hours it took me to tarnscode the file format, import and then render etc - I will be unable to use FCPX - to edit this footage?

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 3:45 AM

8 replies

Jul 28, 2011 4:30 AM in response to Alan Goodall

Update on trying to create a new project - and getting "Multiple Validation errors" message

I quit FCPX and tried to use iMovie to make a clip to send to you. Decided against this - and so I opened FCPX again

To my surprise there were now over ten projects - as every attempy had appeared! This is bizarre - why did they not show up when I tried to create them first?

So, I had to delet most and just use one. This appears to be working as a project and is allowing me to edit clips into it.

It will be a reall bummer though if I have to do this every time I need to create a new project!

Jul 28, 2011 5:27 AM in response to Alan Goodall

But, I realise this is only a VERY minor glitch given that FCPX is not allowing import of FCP !

Well yes, that's the thing isn't it. We are not going to start from scratch with any of our projects, as that would be a big waste of time. Why recreate openings, closings, lowerthirds, effects, etc. when you already have great ones in the can. Not sure what the heck apple was thinking there 🙂

Jul 28, 2011 5:51 AM in response to coocooforcocoapuffs

I agree! Regarding this problem of not being able to create new projects. Now that it has finally 'created' the multiple ones after I re-opened FCPX. It now seems to creat new ones OK - ie without having to close and re-open!

I guess it just need a 'kick up the pants' to get started!!!

I am really confused though by these idiosyncracies - or glitches!

Do I give myself a 'correct answer' - even though it was by accident!

Thanks for you input

"Multiple Validation errors" message when creating new project in FCPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.