Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set private appointment in iphone calendar

Is there any possibilities to add a "private" appointment in my Iphone calendar?

iPhone 4

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 4:54 AM

4 replies

Jul 28, 2011 8:46 AM in response to rcc1995

You can have calendar items that appear on the iPhone only and don't sync to whatever mail server you use. Is that what you have in mind? If that's what you are interested in you can go to settings, mail contacts and calendar and set the default calendar as "on the iPhone" . When you make an appointment that you want on your mail sever, you can create the appointment manually with the mail server calendar and not the default, "on the iphone" calendar. Alternatively, when creating an private appointment, you could just specify the "on the iPhone" calendar as the one that it is to appear on, and leave the default calendar as the mail server calendar.

Jul 29, 2015 3:17 PM in response to rcc1995

What I really cannot understand is the ipad has the feature so I thought this was resolved. I have had an ipad for years but have been an Android phone guy. I was going to switch to the new iphone in September but this is a huge problem for me and will likely prevent me from switching. How can this be available on the ipad but not iphone? Please apple...fix this ASAP!

How to set private appointment in iphone calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.