Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please, help! suddenly missing all the files in a almost finished movie..

I quit FCPro X normaly before I close the macbookpro. (bad expirience if I don't do that)

After restarting FCPX the next day I could work in a other project/movie as usual.

But by switsching tot another, almost ready project/movie, I miss ALL the clips while the timeline is o.k. with the sound playing.

What can I do because i did not found a search-function to re-connect missing media als in FCE4.

Any helpfull sugestions?

Thanks!

Bruce

MacBook Pro 17" (model4,1), Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 5:50 AM

10 replies

Jul 28, 2011 10:14 AM in response to hafken

Yes, it is on the same disk and maps PCPX uses automaticly as ever and I worked with it. But now more than that: some files are visable and playing!! I waited for a long time (time to render?) does no succes: 90% is still not accesable...

I don 't understand why but it 's a big problem because the movie was almost finished to share with other people. (deadline is near)

I hope urgently a solution for this from anyone.

Thanks!

bruce

Jul 28, 2011 11:28 AM in response to hafken

yes, red and showing with a acclimation point. the help says (there are several kind of warnings) that the files has been touched by another programm. Yes, FCE4 is on the mac too but it does not work together. (You can not open it when FCPX is open and vice versa) I cannot immagine what caused this problem.

May be this will give a glue: The clips in de event are red + ! too but when I extracted de event (people, person, groups etc) they looks fine and they are working too when I place them in te timeline!

I do not know the difference between original en proxy, I can 't recognize the one from the other but I know 90% of the clips are original because I imported the most of them only as original.

I have restarted the program for several times and the mac too, nothing helps.

I changed nothing exept editting... The extra added audio plays!

I hope it wil help you te solve this problem. I guess it 's a big bug. Thanks to apple.

bruce

Jul 28, 2011 11:42 AM in response to Bruce27

I'm sorry to say you are experiencing a problem that might not have an easy solution. Apple has not provided a reconnect/relink media feature in FCPX, which is what you seem to need. It does seem that something did touch your original media files and did something to them. But I can't imagine what; FCE4 is non-destructive and wouldn't modify source media even if you did use it. You didn't move the media, or change any names, did you?

How many clips do you have in the timeline? If they aren't a huge amount, there might be a workaround which involves opening each timeline clip (using the "open in timeline" command) and then replacing the contents with the original media clip. You drag the original clip on top of the missing clip so that it turns white, and then in the pop-up, choose "Replace." Apparently this will fix the timeline clips.

Someone else suggested an easier (but more dubious) fix -- select (in the finder) all your original clips that are used in the timeline; drag them over the timeline but don't actually let go of the mouse. Then, move the mouse out of the timeline back to where the clips lived and let go of the mouse (so nothing actually occurred). For someone, this fixed the problem.

Jul 28, 2011 1:09 PM in response to Bruce27

Thanks for your attention and time. I tried it all but nothing works..

I checked the system:

I imported new footage directly from cam. in a new event: it 's o.k., in event and timeline. (DV)

I opened archief and imported two clips (from that movie, avchd) into the new event: takes a lot of time to render but they apear and work in the event and original timeline.

(btw: timeconsuming; what about 100 clips?)

I moved the two clips out of the new event into the original event (with the same clips but in "red!"): no override- warning and no effect at all, I do not even see them there...

So, I am afraid to have to remake the whole movie because FCPX does not recognisz the same clip in wich the content is 100%. That means an inner problem with the connection-methode.

I think it 's a very bad desigs on this point; no reconnecting-option as in FCE.

Any other suggestion still welcome!

bruce.

Jul 29, 2011 9:45 AM in response to Bruce27

Same problem. Imported about 25 photos, put rendering around each one, and had each one have a Ken Burns effect. Then I appended about 80 minutes worth of camcorder footage. Then I quit FCPX and shut down the machine. Booted up the next day, and my FCPX project is missing almost everything! How did this product get past the QA department?

Craig

Please, help! suddenly missing all the files in a almost finished movie..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.