Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ical mini calendar loss

I am really annoyed with Apple over the loss of the mini calendar view in Lion. This is (amongst other issues) a huge step backward in terms of functionality. Please reeinstate this as a matter of urgency as it makes planning a nightmare. I am now being pushed to the dreaded Microsoft solution or at the very least another calendar app.

iMac, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 7:25 AM

9 replies

Jul 31, 2011 9:48 AM in response to dv8or

I have complained and urge anyone reading this to do the same - thanks CT for providing the link but you are also wrong - there have been occurances where I have had a conversation with an Apple Engineer on these boards - they do read them especially when there is a long thread so thanks for adding to it! As far as Microsoft is concerned - they currently do have a better functioning calendar app than Apple so I think that is a legitimate thing to bring up.

Oct 25, 2011 2:11 PM in response to dv8or

I'm still morning the loss of the Mini Calendar. It bugs the **** out of me to go from my weekly view which I generally use to a monthly view just ot see what day a specific date falls. Those Mini Calendars were really usefull. All calendars, even printed versions, have the Mini Calendars somewhere on the page. Why, oh why did they remove something like this!!

Feb 21, 2012 7:08 PM in response to dv8or

I installed Lion yesterday and find this version of iCAL to be a real disappointment. There are several problems I have with it, but my biggest now is the absent sidebar with the mini calendar, which was so helpful when I need to plan my medications and see the future relative to the present without having to click on another calendar version, like month or year. Please restore the mini-calendar in a Software Update.

A second problem is having to pull down a menu in "View" to see my reminders/to do's, rather than a simple click at the top or bottom of the calendar, and why did you move the "Today" button from left to right? It it ain't broke, don't fix it.

A third problem is the way it looks like a faux leatherette calendar I picked up at my dollar stationary store. Calendars matter to people...we get used to them. More to the point, I just finished reading Steve Job's authorized biography, where elegance, simplicity and user-friendly features were cause for weeks of obsessional thinking and planning. It looks like someone put 1/2 hour into redesigning this without reason and I think Steve would gag, if not have a mini-breakdown, at the diminuation of quality in this current iteration of the iCAL. Someone would certainly be fired.

Apr 24, 2012 7:05 AM in response to dv8or

I just switched to Lion today (because of the loss of sync options with the closing of MobileMe), and I really miss the mini calendars and the sidebar. I just sent the feedback form to Apple also asking for the option to see mini calendars and the sidebar again. I am so disappointed that it's been almost a year of people asking for such a basic thing. I also dislike the "leather" look, and would like an option to make it a plain window like before, but the mini calendar loss afects my daiy use of it so much. I do switch to the year view to see the months but it's a pain because when you are in the edit window of an event then switch view to yearly then back to weekly the edit window closes an you have to start over again. I just like to see it all at once so I can plan things out. I don't want to lose something so basic to the use of any calendar. I am posting this in the hope that Apple will see it and change iCal, but also so that others might be inspired to submit a feedback form about this issue if it affects them. It's hard to believe though that after a year of people complaining about it and nothing changing, that we have any hope of getting mini calendars again. People keep saying "Just use BusyCal", and it looks like a nifty product, but paying an additional $50 to fix what we lost in Lion is so disappointing. Why is iCal not improved in Lion, made more like BusyCal or something amazing? Instead it's cut in half and looks so lame now.

Ical mini calendar loss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.