Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clean Promise Pegasus R4, NO HDD's

is it possible to get the Promise Pegasus R4 without the hard drives?

cause i already got the hard drives, I just want the 'case' with the thunderbolt connection, so I can 'thunderbolt' my stuff!

if not, how or what is the best way to thunderbolt you're already existing HDD's?

Thanks in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 8:20 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2011 11:57 AM in response to Lennart Hendriksma

Hi Lennart

With respect I have to ask for whom is the question for? If you're expecting Apple to reply you will be disappointed. These are User to User Forums and anyone from Apple very rarely - if at all - will reply in any official capacity.

If you've purchased the unit from Promise ask them directly. If you've purchased from a reseller ask them directly. If you've purchased from Apple themselves they will have a separate support channel available to you as part of the warranty for the unit.

Some information on Thunderbolt enclosures is here:

http://www.thunderbolt-hard-drive.com/lightpeak/drive-case.html

HTH?

Tony

Sep 29, 2011 7:16 PM in response to Lennart Hendriksma

Just buy the Pegasus R4 with the HD's then take them out and sell them on eBay. I got the 4TB one yesterday and am looking forward to playing with it. I will most probably at some point rip out the drives and replace them with larger drives. I believe the only issues is all the drives have to be the same size. Like 4 slots with 3TB in all 4 drives. You can't have 2 drives as 3TB and 2 with 2TB. All got to be them same.

I highly doubt you would be able to get a empty Thunderbolt Enclosure at this point...maybe down the road. You can always ask though. :)

clean Promise Pegasus R4, NO HDD's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.