Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Calendars w/Lion... repeat problem

After reporting that I had solved this yesterday, my calendars have all disappeared again!

To sum up...

1. After installing Lion, iCal appeared fine (except for the tacky layout and the missing one month navigation calendar that I used to use all the time.
  2. Due to unrelated problems, I had to re-install Lion. This removed all app settings, dock entries, etc. including all calendars and entries.
  3. I restored my "best bet" Lion System (i.e. pre re-install) from Time Machine and iCal was filled with my calendars and items again.
  4. That was yesterday. Today they're all gone again (except birthdays, which come from Address Book).

I don't particularly want to restore my entire System again from TM, so can someone remind me where the calendars and their entries are hiding, so I can just restore them?

Alternatively, my calendars look ok in MobileMe... including updates I did just yesterday. Can you remind me how to get those to my desktop iCal? That might be quicker.

Finally, does anyone know why this happened overnight like that? I can't think of anything. I would hate to have to go through this excercise every day!

...Charles

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 8:57 AM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2011 7:26 PM in response to Dominic Villa

Dominic... I don't know where that CMD-0 idea came from, but I'll try it if my calendars disappear again tomorrow morning.

I did manage to restore my calendar entries from Time Machine by bringing back Calendars within ~/Library.

There's something really wrong with my MobileMe syncing, so I'm not pursuing that right now. It causes more damage than good for me.

I'm also now doing regular Exports of my calendars using the iCal Archive format. Hopefully, that will speed up restoring my calendars when they disappear again.

I'm even more concerned that the new Lion iCal looks a whole lot worse than the previous version. I see lots of features stripped out and nothing added. What's with that?

Lost Calendars w/Lion... repeat problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.