Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optical Flow Analysis not transmitting onto Final Cut Pro 6

Dear Users:

Hello, my question pertains to my current usage of Final Cut Studio 2 on the latest Mac OS 7 Lion. I've been trying for the past few days to submit a clip from my Final Cut Pro 6 sequence to Motion in order to utilize the Optical Flow Analysis tool. In doing so, I've been able to successfully submit the clip and have the tool analyze my clip's frames as normal.

However, once the Optical Flow completes its analysis and I save the work done in Motion, when I flip over to Final Cut Pro and Render the file (after I ensure that the Render Sequence Option is set to Best Quality), I noticed extreme shake and jagged edging as that .motn clips is played. It's as if that clip was never analyzed appropriately in Motion. I'm confused, because in the earlier portion of my timeline, I was able to successfully analyze my clips for Optical Flow, and that turned out quite well.

I did a test using the same clip only exported and trimmed to just the edited portions from the master, original file, opened up a new Project in Motion, analyzed the clip for Optical Flow (as this analysis took much less time due to the fact that Motion in FCS 2 analyses the complete original clip irregardless of the editing done in FCP), and that actually turned out much smoother as expected. Could it be that Motion cannot support analyzing clips that are too long? Is it possible if FCS 2 and Lion don't play very well for this either?

Just want to know if anyone else has had any problems utizing this tool. I have had a problem in the past (even submitting a question on this forum) about the Optical Flow analysis, and was able to rectify that specific problem. I'm just not sure if this may be somethin' similar that I may need to adjust in my System Preferences ...

Thank you for your time, and look forward to hearing from someone shortly ...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 8:57 AM

There are no replies.

Optical Flow Analysis not transmitting onto Final Cut Pro 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.