Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Track volume suddenly jumps to maximum

I'm using Logic Express 9, and sometimes I have this problem with track volumes. Just now I was recording some guitar tracks and suddenly the volume of every track jumped to +6.0db. This has happened before many times, usually it's just one track that jumps to max volume though.

I thought it might be an automation thing, and I checked it, but there weren't volume (or any other) automations in my project.

This is super annoying, especially since undo doesn't work with the sliders. Anyone know what is going on here? Is there some weird shortcut key that maxes track volumes, which I accidentally hit? 😕

Logic Express 9-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 10:11 AM

3 replies

Aug 1, 2011 8:21 AM in response to taxidriverman

That is certainly strange. I know I've had my volume on a single track jump when I accidentally made the "dial turning" motion on the track pad, however, that was only limited to a single track.

Has this same "bug" occurred in multiple projects?

I would hit up Apple or head to logicprohelp.com and post the same question. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more assitance.

Track volume suddenly jumps to maximum

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.