Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Itouch 4G work on WPA/WPA2 encrypted connection?

I'm getting an itouch 4g, and my hughesnet connection WILL. NOT. WORK. on a WEP connection. Does an Itouch 4g work on WPA/WPA mixed encrypted connection?

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 11:17 AM

2 replies

Sep 22, 2011 4:22 PM in response to lllaass

My wife just received a 4th Gen iTouch and like many others I could not get it to connect to my WPA-2 encrypted wireless network at first. Eventually I was successful by following these steps:

1. I disabled all encryption on my WifI
  2. iTouch connected w/o a hitch
  3. I re-enabled my WPA2.
  4. I attempted to reconnect to my network and typed in the password where the letters were all caps. (I know this is hexadecimal and the case should be irrelevant, but I'm just reporting the steps I followed.)
  5. I got in and was able to get back in again even after power cycling the iTouch.
  6. This makes no sense to me, but my wife is happy, and that makes me happy.

Does the Itouch 4G work on WPA/WPA2 encrypted connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.